It is essential that every student has access to and participate in computer science learning experiences to meet the demands of the current and future workplace. The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) has taken a lead role to build capacity for statewide implementation of computer science. MSDE has collaborated with stakeholders to:
- Develop a PreK-12 Computer Science Framework.
- Create a Computer Science Toolkit that supports Framework implementation.
- Expand computer science teacher certification options.
- Expand options available for students to fulfill graduation requirements with computer science courses.
- Expand Career and Technology Education Computer Science Programs of Study.
- Provide funding for computer science professional learning, equipment, and course implementation.
- Provide professional learning experiences for Maryland educators.
MSDE will continue to build capacity so that all Maryland students have the opportunity to engage in high-quality computing education.
Career and Technology Education Computer Science Programs of Study
Learn about Maryland's Computer Science Programs of Study by selecting the links below.
Access resources from the statewide computing education summit.
Participate in Maryland's CSTA organization to support PreK-12 computer science education.
- Maryland's PreK-12 Computer Science Toolkit
- Computer Science Framework and Standards
- Computer Science Teacher Certification Options
- Computer Science Professional Learning Opportunities
- Computer Science Supervisors' Briefing Materials
- Computer Science as a Technology Education Graduation Credit
- Computer Science as a Mathematics Graduation Credit
- Computer Science for All Initiative
Share with us on Twitter
Marquita D. Friday, Program Manager
Scott Nichols, Specialist