Announcement: Actions of the State Board, August 25, 2015
For Immediate Release Contact: William Reinhard, 410-767-0486
Baltimore, MD (August 27, 2015)
August 25, 2015 State Board of Education Meeting
At the August 25, 2015 meeting of the Maryland State Board of Education, the following actions were taken:
- Welcomed the following new members to the State Board: Stephanie Iszard and Laura Weeldreyer. Also, acknowledged members leaving Board Service: Luisa Montero-Diaz and Sayed Naved.
- Approved the 2016 State Board meeting dates (attached).
- Granted permission to re-propose amendments to COMAR 13A.08.02.01, 13A.08.01.01(E) and 13A.02.06.02B(9) to incorporate by reference the Maryland Student Records System Manual August 2016, Revised.
- Selected Chester E. Finn, Andy Smarick and Madhu Sidhu in response to request to provide State Board representation on a workgroup tasked to create appropriate standards and criteria for assessment of public charter schools by local boards of education as required by Education Article §9-104.1.
- Adopted the FY2017 Capital Budget and the Five-Year Capital Improvement Program.
The next meeting of the Maryland State Board of Education will be held on Tuesday, September 22, 2015, at the Nancy S. Grasmick State Education Building, 200 West Baltimore Street, 7th Floor Board Room, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request. Eight business days notice prior to the event is required. Please contact Charlene Necessary at (410) 767-0467 or TTY at (410) 333-6442 so arrangements can be made.
# # #