Media Alert: Board Members, Association Official Taking Part In Maryland College Application Campaign
First MCAC Effort Set For Nov. 10-14
For Immediate Release Contact: Bill Reinhard, 410-767-0486
Baltimore, MD (November 7, 2014)
Several members of the Maryland State Board of Education will be visiting high schools next week as the first Maryland College Admission Campaign (MCAC) takes place.
In addition, an official from the American Council on Education (ACE)—the organization sponsoring the American College Admission Campaign—will make a visit for a Maryland high school participating in the effort. MCAC will take place November 10-14, with 21 high schools in seven participating school systems.
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) and the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) have teamed up with ACE to create the first MCAC to increase the number of students applying and gaining acceptance to college. ACE spearheads the national effort to help students and their families navigate the college application process, increasing the number of students applying to college early in their senior year—particularly from those who would be the first members of their families to pursue higher education.
The visits are as follows:
- Board member Madhu Sidhu will visit North East High School in Cecil County at 8 a.m.
North East High is at 300 Irishtown Road, North East, MD 21901.
- Ms. Sidhu also will visit Rising Sun High School in Cecil County at 10 a.m.
Rising Sun High is at 100 Tiger Drive, North East, MD 21901.
- Melissa Caperton, Senior Associate, ACE, will visit North East High School at 8 a.m.
- Board President Charlene Dukes, president of Prince George’s Community College, will visit Central High School in Prince George’s County at 9 a.m.
Central is at 200 Cabin Branch Road, Capitol Heights, MD 20743.
- Board member Linda Eberhart will visit Reginald F. Lewis School of Business and Law in Baltimore at 9 a.m. The Reginald F. Lewis School of Business and Law is at 6401 Pioneer Drive, Baltimore, MD 21214.
# # #